In an effort to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our visitors, we ask you to please follow the Museum Guidelines while inside the International Museum of the Horse. These guidelines enable you, our guest, to help preserve our artifacts for generations to come.
- Many of our artifacts have been around for centuries or longer! Help us keep them around even longer by not touching artifacts in the Museum.
- We realize having fun in the Museum can build up an appetite. However, food and drinks are not allowed within the exhibits. Please leave all food and beverages with our docent in the lobby.
- Our Museum is fun for all ages! But children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult while inside the Museum. Please keep all of your foals and yearlings in sight while enjoying your visit.
- Service animals are welcome in the Museum. Please check-in at the docent desk when you enter the Museum.
- The Kentucky Horse Park is pet friendly! However, pets are only allowed in the main floor lobby of the Museum. Please visit the docent desk if you need water for your furry friend.
- Personal photography is allowed throughout the permanent exhibits, but not in the special exhibitions. Tripods, stand lights, selfie sticks, any large extraneous photographic equipment, or drones of any kind are not permitted within the Museum.
- Little legs tire easily, which is why strollers are permitted within the Museum.
- We ask you to please leave umbrellas and wet rain gear with our docent in the lobby.
- Only pencils are allowed to be used within the Museum. Please refrain from using exhibit surfaces for writing. We are happy to provide a writing surface upon request.
- Smoking is prohibited within the Museum, including the use of e-cigarettes or any electronic smoking device.
- Elevators are located on the main floor, second floor, ground floor, and on both floors in the Arabian Galleries.
- Wheelchairs can be obtained from the Visitor’s Center at the entrance to the Kentucky Horse Park. Please call the Kentucky Horse Park ahead of time, (859)233-4303, if you require special arrangements or need to rent a golf cart during your visit.
- Restrooms in the Museum are located on the ground floor, and the second floor entrance to the Arabian Galleries. All restrooms are wheelchair accessible and contain baby-changing stations. A Family Restroom is located in the second floor entrance to the Arabian Galleries.